Monday, September 10, 2007

On a personal note …




I mean, it can’t all be the fun and exciting world of tax code, and tax studies … right? I mean even when buried in work and tax code, you have to be able to get outside, enjoy the fresh air and live the way you want to live. You only get so many days on this little blue marble, and even though many of them are going to be hard and long, you have to make as many of them count as you can.

So, in order to make my days count, I spent the weekend with my wife and her family, as well as with once of my closest and dearest friends, my old roommate from law school. Friday night, we went to the white sox game, great game, white sox down six runs in the bottom of the 9th came back and tied it up to take it to extra innings, and eventually won it 11-10 in the 13th inning.

The next day, we all went to the Northwestern vs. Nevada football game. My wife, and all of her family came out from Nevada (as did I) and they were all cheering for the Nevada Wolf Pack, while I, as a true rebel (as well as a student at Northwestern) rooted for the Wildcats of Northwestern. It was great to see such a great continent of Wolf Pack fans, many of whom I have known either professionally or personally for quite some time. The game was wild, and ended with a Northwestern Victory in the last minute of the game.

After the game, we headed to a “traditional” Chicago pizza place, pizzeria Due, one of the famous Chicago deep dish pizza joints. Great food, fun servers, and a good time had by all.

The next day we embarked on the architecture tour of the city of Chicago along the east, north, and south forks of the Chicago river. Very informative, very fun highly suggested to all.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, one of those weekend that truly makes you realize that you can’t work all of the time, otherwise you are going to miss the things that make life worth living. On that note, I’d love to thank my inlaws for coming out, I can’t wait for them to come out again. Likewise for my old roommate, I always love seeing her. And finaly thanks to my wife, because she is so amazing, and so much fun all of the time, I don’t know how I would get through anything without her making sure that I stop and smell the roses!

(pictures are from the Northwestern Nevada Football Game – more to follow if I can figure out how to get them in!)

No comments: